Modern home security options have become increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to neglect to do basic security duties like turning on your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you never had to remember doing these chores in the future? When you implement geofencing in Bloomington, you can simply leave the house and make your security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Bloomington For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary around your property, which you can customize within your cell phone app. The technology then utilizes your cell phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements utilize to communicate with each other. This technological advancement assists your home security by putting all elements onto the same network. You can then draw specific boundaries along the perimeter of your property and designate particular actions if you move beyond the prearranged border line.
For example, shortly after you exit your driveway, you could set your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can notify your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are a handful of the components you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home security system in Bloomington. When accessing the ADT Control app, you are able to make the most of automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to engage at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to dim to tell you that it's bedtime, or deactivate your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific components activate when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat activate the fan if the CO detector goes off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your security camera senses strange movements around your property.
● Customize scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that all act in concert with each other. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the thermostat go down, and the locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or program the system for movie night with preset light and thermostat adjustments.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm if you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Bloomington
Whether you’re looking for added reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (812) 200-5695 or send in the following form to get started on your optimal security system.