Security cameras can simply be used as a hindrance—something that informs burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to bolster your home’s defenses.
Luckily, today’s security cameras arrive outfitted with a number of tools all designed to enable total protection for your home. Whether it’s recording capabilities and 2-way audio or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these features enable you to get the most from home security cameras in Bloomington.
How To Set Up Your Bloomington Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is installing your devices in the right places around your living space. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in common spots like the living room or family room. It’s also a good idea to install a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas intruders would have to move around to reach the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras work best to provide a clear scene of your patio, driveway, and backyard, shed, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. You can always get a view of your front door with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas within your interior that are less important to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, placing a camera in the vicinity may reduce your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you want a form of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Security Cameras
Component location is only the beginning in getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Bloomington. The innovations shown below help to maximize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get instant messages on your mobile device whenever abnormal movement is sensed. You can also program cameras to start capturing footage when activity is detected which will increase camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your security cameras to film and store clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- Two-way talk: Most of modern security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually chat with anyone via the device. With your security app, you can act like you’re inside or welcome your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is determined by how much a security camera can see, and provides a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that provide at least 120-degree wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Double check that your security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that can capture clips of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more targeted, program activity zones. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to inform you of movement happening on your yard or your driveway and disregard animals passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to view live camera feeds, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send timely notifications when the see something unusual taking place around your house.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Bloomington is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system is elevated from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (812) 200-5695 or submit the form below to start customizing your security system today.